Five products from BICO, the world’s leading Bio Convergence company, has been awarded with the prestigious 2022 German Design Awards. The recognition comes from the widely respected German Design Council and include awards and special mentions for devices from BICO’s group companies, CELLINK and CYTENA. The awards will be officially presented at the German Design Award show in February 2022.
“Today’s lab instrument is often technical and hard to use, without logical user interfaces and workflows,” says Markus Grip, Global Head of Design at BICO. “This incredible recognition proves that researchers conducting work that save lives can benefit from user-friendly instruments with the latest technology with a bold design.”
All the awards come in the Excellent Product Design – Medical, Rehabilitation and Healthcare category and include:
- BIO X6 – a 3D bioprinter with six independent printheads to enable high precision and versatile tissue engineering
- S.NEST – a next-generation micro bioreactor that enables high-throughput cell line development through the use of temperature control, CO2 adjustability, humidity monitoring, and UV sterilization
- C.WASH – a plate washer that uses centrifugal forces to enable automated, rapid, and highly reproducible washing of entire 96-, 384-, and 1,536-well plates
- CELLCYTE X – a live cell imager that enables real-time monitoring and analysis of biological samples using advanced imagery and florescence sensors
- UP.SIGHT – a cell line development platform that enables automated single-cell dispensing and imaging to ensure a >99.99% probability of clonality
The award is presented by the German Design Council, one of the world’s leading competence centres in brand and design. Established on the initiative of the German Bundestag (the lower house of German parliament) as a foundation in 1953, it supports the industry and are aimed at highlighting added brand value through design.
This comes after a pivotal year for BICO after it added seven companies to its group and surpassed 1,000+ employees globally. The company also continued its explosive commercial growth with now having more 25,000 instruments in the labs of the world’s leading life science organizations including Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca, Merck, Roche, Amgen, Novartis, Genentech, Harvard University, and others.
To learn more about BICO and group companies, please visit bico.com.
For further information, please contact:
Isabelle Ljunggren, Head of Communications
Phone: +46 70 830 08 90
BICO Press office
Riley Munks, PR Manager: +1 (650) 863-6699
Alyssa D'Orazio, PR Manager: +1 (617) 634-9601
This information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact persons set out above, on November 15, 2021, at 9am (CET).
Founded in 2016, BICO (formerly CELLINK) is the leading bio convergence company in the world. By combining different technologies, such as robotics, artificial intelligence, computer science, and 3D bioprinting with biology, we enable our customers to improve people's health and lives for the better.
With a focus on the application areas of bioprinting, multiomics, cell line development, and diagnostics, the company develops and markets innovative technologies that enable researchers in the life sciences to culture cells in 3D, perform high-throughput drug screening and print human tissues and organs for the medical, pharmaceutical, and cosmetic industries. We create the future of health.
The Group’s instruments in the field amounts to 25,000, including all the top 20 pharmaceutical companies, are being used in more than 65 countries, and have been cited in more than 9,500 publications. BICO is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm under BICO. www.bico.com