BICO News Feed
Executive Order on Advancing Biotechnology and Biomanufacturing Innovation for a Sustainable, Safe, and Secure American Bioeconomy
President Joseph Biden has signed an Executive order for a National Biotechnology and Biomanufacturing Initiative. The initiative aims to speed up innovation within biotechnology and enable growth across several fields such as agriculture, energy and health.
In short, the initiative will:
- Grow Domestic Biomanufacturing Capacity
- Expand Market Opportunities for Biobased Products
- Drive Research and Development (R&D) to Solve Our Greatest Challenges
- Combine biotechnology with massive computing power and artificial intelligence to enable significant breakthroughs
- Expand education in biotechnology and biomanufacturing
- Streamline Regulations so that valuable inventions and products can come to market faster without sacrificing safety.
- Advance safety and security to Reduce Risk in R&D lifecycles.
- Advance international cooperation to leverage biotechnology and biomanufacturing to tackle the most urgent global challenges -from climate change to health security